« Home | I'm not sure whether I'm impressed, or just annoye... » | Lots to catch up to on AL Daily. To begin with, D... » | My computer at home is going to take 14 discs to b... » | Don't believe the hype; this may indeed be good, p... » | The fuck? (via boingboing) » | Although this is definitely an aquired taste for t... » | Yes, I'll probably link to The Church Of Me every ... » | I think I want this. » | This week: Fight the man with the Onion » | I thought I put this up yesterday, but apparantly ... » 

Monday, March 10, 2003 

Despite what this review says, the only grounds I can see writers disliking OK Go for is non-musical - and what he calls "monster power chords, obtusely ironic lyrics and anthemic send-up chorus as a blueprint for the kind of 21st century arena-rock most people knew we didn't need", I call "glorious, intelligent pop". Now, it's certainly going to be a personal thing, but which of the two of us do you think is having more fun?



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates