« Home | Sometimes, not even the AMG can help you avoid ste... » | Interesting article on a topic near and dear to ev... » | Mark Steyn has never particularly impressed me, an... » | My girlfriend is a big fan of Bill Bryson, so hope... » | "The Germans are the worst my school was literally... » | I've never been partial to blondes, myself. » | I love Filthy, and you should too. His Willard re... » | A friend from high school directed me to these. T... » | Oh, how the mighty have fallen. » | Life just ain't fair, eh? » 

Monday, March 17, 2003 

Usually I only link to SA for humour, but todays update is wonderful. To give you a taste of why I really like Zach Parsons (besides he obsession with the funny side of WWII military technology):

"Let me digress a bit because I have never hated a figure in American politics as much as I hate John Ashcroft. From his hideous Christian piano CDs he puts out, to his flummoxed chubby face, to his almost zealous efforts to constrict and bind the freedoms of Americans. I'll come out and say it. The man is a cocksucker, and not just any cocksucker, he's the kind that gets his bully boys to grab Arabs off the street and lock them away in some secret dungeon. There they can drink iced teas on the beach with George Bush or have Department of Homeland Security agents use drugs and electroshock and needles on them. No bruises, maybe a fatal heart attack from time to time, but this is America! Democracy! We don't leave marks with freedom."

That doesn't excuse his unfortunate choice of terms later in the article (which is inexcusable), but aside from that I agree with him.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates