« Home | Ribbed for your pleasure » | So fresh, so clean » | Come on, come all » | Trouble in paradise? » | Bat-cuffs » | You're so money » | The end of biters » | Four Hail Marys and call me in the morning » | Leakers keep on leaking » | Home of the brave dept. » 

Wednesday, October 15, 2003 

A few quick things

Before I finish off the paper. First of all: When I read this, I figured Atrios was joking. Then I read Shapiro's column, and I wasn't so sure. Then I read his bio, and I was reminded of the psychological studies that have shown if you ask twenty people their opinion, even if all twenty agree, at least one guy is going to disagree just to get attention.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for challenging those quasi-fascist PC police pomo profs (ooh, alliteration!), but I somehow think Shapiro isn't doing that. I think it's more likely he's just a self-promoting little shit.

Oh, and he's younger than me, and from the picture it looks like I could take him. So I'm right.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates