« Home | Hullo, McFly? » | Hey, ya » | One small step » | Twofer » | Wednesday's Emotional Setup: Hopeless » | Ha. Ha. Ha. » | Great » | Mess » | Sigh meaningfully » | Caveat » 

Friday, December 19, 2003 

Amnesiac

I can't remember if I mentioned this before, but the guitar part on OutKast's 'Flip Flop Rock' (credited to David Whild) sounds to me very reminiscent of something by the Durutti Column. Not a specific song, just very, very similar. Very cool.

And Jay Z's verse on that song is awesome, partly because it sounds so laboured.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates