« Home | What a wookie » | You fucks » | John freakin' Kerry? » | Word up » | Fuckin' A » | Big surprise » | Heist » | Eeee-vil » | Yo yo » | A mess » 

Tuesday, January 20, 2004 

Bagel all day long

My newest food addiction has been a staple for me recently because it is: fast, easy, tasty, warm, and relatively good for me (i.e. not junk food, unless you count baloney). You see, for years now I have been known to occasionally take a bagel, slice it in half, spread a small amount of margarine or butter on it, and microwave it until it is delicious. During our recent mini-cold snap, I had been eating a bagel every so often, just by itself, and it was so cold I would microwave it to make it warm and chewy. This reminded me of how much I loved warm, chewy bagels. The next piece in this puzzle of tastiness came when I went to purchase my customary baloney for sandwiches and found all that the supermarket had left was the 'extra-thick' variety. I normally purchase normal baloney, but if nothing else I figured this would make it easier to get all the ay through a package of it without the last couple of slices being a bit off.

Soon, a brainwave struck! I like warm bagels, and aside from the grease I like fried baloney! Why not combine the two? The next time I had a bagel (an egg bagel to be exact, and they seem to work best), I sliced it in half and popped a slice of extra-thick (for extra meatiness!) baloney in there and microwaved the sucker. The result, my friends, was marvelous. And, thankfully, very ungreasy. I've been having the damn things for breakfast and lunch (accompanied by some fruit, usually clementines) ever since.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates