« Home | Year end » | Update » | Absoidity » | Uh Oh » | I didn't vote strategically » | Crisis » | I'm comfortable with my masculinity » | Awful fantasy » | Oh joy, oh rapture » | Lenny » 

Thursday, January 01, 2004 

Party hearty

Some people really don't like New Year's Eve. I don't understand it, myself - most year's I've stayed in with a few friends or family and played video games, watched movies and the like. This year I actually went out to a party with a bunch of people, most of whom I didn't know at all, and drank myself silly. I had fun, personally. All due respect to Nick and Todd, but I think of it this way: you can either look at New Year's Eve as "evil and awkward imperative to have as much fun as possible" (to quote Nick), or you can view it as an excuse to schedule a party for that day of the week rather than another day. I mean, I'm on vacation so I'll be getting together with people at some point anyway, right?



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates