« Home | He occasionally still has it » | Film at eleven » | Wednesday's Emotional Setup: Per Second Second » | Raindrops keep falling on my head » | Truly pathetic » | Take me to the river » | Awesome » | And » | Huh? » | Surprise! » 

Friday, February 13, 2004 

All the plans resting

Somehow, I managed to get my grubby little paws on unmastered mp3s of what will eventually be Readymade's new album. They are incredible. They didn't have a track order or anything (and I'm not sharing them, as I promised someone), so I just quasi-randomized them with Winamp, and the result actually worked really well. I'm posting it here for my own eventual nostalgia:

01. Going Glass
02. The Futility Steps
03. Rehearse Disaster
04. Goodbye South Goodbye
05. Donostia
06. Hengshan Reeling
07. Outlast By Rain
08. Brace
09. The Fake But No Finish
10. Under The Networks
11. Shorter Breaths
12. Nov30
13. Nightsky Of Exit Signs

'Rehearse Disaster' in particular is absolutely gorgeous and is very unlike what you might think a Readymade song would sound like. 'Hengshan Reeling', 'Going Glass' and 'Nightsky Of Exit Signs' are also especially stunning, although the whole thing is just beautiful. Record of the year for me, probably.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates