« Home | So tired » | Secret Wars » | I should probably be writing a paper » | Depressed superheroes » | Co-inky-dink » | Brave architecture » | This day in 1661 » | Oops » | Hahahahaha » | Fly or die » 

Tuesday, March 30, 2004 

Fuck me, it's spreading

The first wave of international lawsuits were launched against 247 alleged illegal downloaders in Denmark, Germany, Italy and Canada this morning.

You've got to be kidding me. This time it's not the RIAA (bunch of cocks) it's something called the IFPI - "representing the recording industry worldwide". Great. While I'm not claiming downloading music to be anything less than illegal by the letter of the law, do they really think this solves the problem?



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates