« Home | Black and white » | I concur » | Academic misconduct » | Awesome » | Correlation does not imply causation » | Waves are universal » | Money » | Good news » | The Floating World: Nite And Fog » | Project cancelled » 

Sunday, July 25, 2004 

Irrelevancy/Irreverancy

It struck me, while reading a recent post on the Turntable (the Stylus blog) and then following links there to read Josh Love's new blog (which is, unsurprisingly so far, excellent; Mr. Love is a damned good writer and hopefully he'll be updating this regularly), that my blog is very different from most of the ones by Stylus staff.

Let's go down the list, shall we? Music blog, online portfolio, quasi-personal blog (so, sort of like this one), music blog, mostly-music blog, music/academic articles, music blog, me, music blog, music blog, "Review WCW blog" (I don't know how else to describe it), music blog, music blog.

I feel I'm letting the side down a bit, but meh. I find the difference more interesting than anything else.

(NB: The blogs linked to from the Turntable are uniformly quite good, you should read them. Even if they are different than this one.)



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates