« Home | Incidentially, fuck Nickelback » | Retread » | Sullivan gets it right » | Possibly better than a jetpack » | Shades of Van Eck phreaking » | Manifesto(?) » | Guitar line of the moment » | Tidal wave of shit » | Kaput » | Enough already » 

Saturday, September 24, 2005 

Haul

So today I managed a fairly good run at the used CD store, where I had a significent credit from selling some CDs a while back. I went in looking for The Very Best Of The Stone Roses, which I eventually got at HMV while hanging out with Jeromy (who is briefly in town) but the Beat Goes On reported that it was apparantly unavailable, even as a new copy (they had trying to order a new copy for me for a few weeks). I did, however, walk out with all of the following for $8:

Natalie Imbruglia - White Lilies Island
Booker T & The MGs - The Very Best Of Booker T & The MGs
The Nau Ensemble - The Eternal: Variations On Joy Division
The Cardigans - Gran Turismo ($4 in the discount bin, and it has my favorite song by them on it!)
Ghostface Killah - Supreme Clientele

Plus of course the aforementioned Stone Roses comp. All of which indicates I'm not selling records fast enough, if I'm bringing them in at this pace.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates