« Home | Hands up, whoever didn't see this coming. » | This is really neat. » | Considering that she's always been talented, and t... » | When Shakira is more politically active than you, ... » | Pitchfork's reviews can vary wildly in quality, bu... » | Worth it for the headline alone. » | I got to work at 1. I woke up at 12:30. I feel d... » | I can't stop laughing. Couldn't happen to a nicer... » | Some beautiful writing at the beginning of McDonal... » | Yep, I'm fiddling around with the layout. Not onl... » 

Saturday, April 26, 2003 

I've been reading Elf Only Inn tonight, and I really enjoy it. See, it takes place in a chat room. So all the characters are various stupid scifi/fantasy archetypes - the elven ranger, a vulcan, duke nukem, and so on. But they're also real people pretending to be these things, and the story never errs too much on the side of either room stuff or weird stuff. It starts out fairly juvenilely (as most of these do), but the quality ramps up fairly quickly. Plus, this one has a very accurate comment on male/female relationships.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates