« Home | I've always respected the man, but Fametracker rea... » | This just makes me despair. » | I must admit to having much love for the H-Dog. » | It's not the band I hate, it's their fans. My bro... » | This is just awesome. » | Yes, more on Blair: "As far as ethical choices," ... » | Can't say I noticed this when I saw X-Men 2, but I... » | I don't know whether to laugh or cray. Actually, ... » | Both Shane and Pete (whose journal is particularly... » | Sounds like torture to me. Not that any of the so... » 

Thursday, May 22, 2003 

A new additions to my bookmarks, Gigantic, looks to become a place for good, albeit slightly sporadic reviews. Although they, like most sites of their kind, have fallen into the error of pretending that Daydream Nation isn't boring. Yes, it's got all those critical plaudits and so on, but when I've talked to people, even fans of Sonic Youth, every single person admits that they've have listened to all three parts of 'Trilogy' once at most. 'Teenage Riot' is great, but most of the rest of the album is highly dubious.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates