« Home | Jesus, I'm just on a roll today, aren't I? » | Props are due » | Fuckin' a » | Why I'm friends with Josh » | Warren fucking Ellis » | CBC » | Today at Stylus » | What took you so fucking long? » | Also » | Hmm » 

Thursday, November 13, 2003 

I don't hate Pitchfork

I really don't. I apologize if I give off that impression sometimes. I do enjoy being snarky about them, but they make it so easy. And yes, I don't like Chris Ott's writing (I don't know the guy, so I will refrain from judgement there), but apparantly he's not there anymore, at least according to their masthead. But mostly I do read them and try to give them the benefit of the doubt (even if they pinched the best guy they have, the evergreen Scott Plagenhoef, from us).

But reviews like this are so wrongheaded it's painful to read.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates