« Home | The future is now » | It's alive » | Oh, fuck it. » | Facts and figures » | Woo. Hoo. » | You know you're wrong when Dept. » | I don't hate Pitchfork » | Jesus, I'm just on a roll today, aren't I? » | Props are due » | Fuckin' a » 

Monday, November 17, 2003 

Why I love Joe Panzner

Every time he gives a record a good review I want to buy it. Take this one for example - on top of everything else, in 'drummer Antonio Arrabbito’s rustling brushwork' he's nailed a piece of imagry I would have used on one of my old reviews if I'd been smart enough to come up with it.

Also, in William Swygart's fine, emotional new UK Chart Roundup (no really), he feels bad about the article he wrote on lost UK band Angelica. He needen't feel bad, after his piece I want to buy their album too.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates