« Home | Choked up » | Response » | Party hearty » | Year end » | Update » | Absoidity » | Uh Oh » | I didn't vote strategically » | Crisis » | I'm comfortable with my masculinity » 

Friday, January 02, 2004 

I really don't know how I feel about this

So, the Crocodile Hunter has a kid. And he's raising the kid to follow in his footsteps. I kind of can't see the problem, but kind of can.

Still rather have him for a father than Michael Jackson, though. My friends and I used to watch the show, marvelling not only at the hilarity, but the way that Irwin would risk his skin (thus getting tons of viewers) and then slip in all this great stuff on nature, animals, ecology, and so on; I think he's probably done a lot of good in terms of exposure of that sort of thing, as people who watch his show because "dude, you will not believe how this guy acts" wind up learning a lot.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates