« Home | No Mr. Bond, I expect you to die » | Making history » | Wednesday's Emotional Setup: Lover's Spit » | Dada » | Literary classics » | Sadly, yes » | How could I forget? » | Rightly so, mind you » | Run to the hills » | Another stolen quiz » 

Friday, February 06, 2004 

SFA OK

I can't link to individual entries on Stylus' blog, so I'm posting this here too.

Just got back from seeing the Super Furry Animals in Toronto. Amazing show - even better than last time I saw them. Some reasons:

Playing 'God! Show Me Magic'? Great. Going from that directly into 'Do Or Die'? Genius.

The yeti costumes were, of course, awesome. The way they trashed the set and raised all their instruments over their heads was hilarious. And, while on the subject: yeti guitar and bass players are a great idea; a yeti drummer is pure class. The guy next to me with a digital camera took my email address and promised to send me copies of the yeti pics. They were great.

The version of 'The International Language Of Screaming' they played tonight was, in my opinion, definitive. Ditto for '(Drawing) Rings Around The World' and (complete with Gruff chewing carrots) 'Receptacle For The Respectable'.

The Lenin footage during 'The Man Don't Give A Fuck' always cracks my shit up.

Kind of annoying dealing with the overly e'd couple near the front though. Jesus, I'm all for taking drugs while listening to music, but doesn't anyone know their limits any more?

I need to find a copy of Radiator. This may be a matter of waiting for a while and then ordering it over the net, but that's better than nothing...

Set List:
Slow Life
(Drawing) Rings Around The World
Golden Retriever
God! Show Me Magic
Do Or Die
Hello Sunshine
Liberty Belle
Run! Christian, Run!
Cityscape Skybaby
Nythod Cacwn
Bleed Forever
The Piccolo Snare
Juxtapozed With U
The Internation Language Of Screaming
Hermann Loves Pauline
Receptacle For The Respectable
Out Of Control
Calimero
The Man Don't Give A Fuck



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates