« Home | Technical Difficulties » | I'm an asshole » | Get down on your motherfucking knees » | Wednesday's Emotional Setup: Springtime In Vienna » | Own petard » | *sigh* » | I am a horrible person » | Postscript » | Weird spam » | Har har » 

Monday, April 26, 2004 

Whither D&D?

Depressing article about D&D - depressing mostly because I know the sort of person who normally plays that sort of thing, and they can be awfully lacking in the social skills department. Well, I used to play, and I still have a game (albeit in a different system)every two Sundays, and it's not as bad as all that. To quote the article:

"If you play board games there is always an objective or goal. D&D is the opposite. It's about sitting down and telling stories with your friends."

Or, in our case, dirty jokes.

On a different note, technical difficulties continue.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates