« Home | It's all over now, baby blue » | Rock opera » | We need more Dick » | Holy shit dept. » | Medal count » | Coincidence » | "Forty-nine per cent [of Americans] believe that t... » | We both know that I've got bad knees » | MIA » | Thank you (for living) » 

Saturday, August 28, 2004 

Coincidence

So I'm listening to Low's new box set, which I got for my birthday, while doing crosswords (it's excellent so far, by the way). And two clues on the same puzzle have stuck out so far; first, I saw a longish word for "dance" that ended with a "p", and instantly I knew it was "Twostep", one of my favorite Low songs. Then, the next clue I did? "Not high", already filled out was "L_W". Neat.

Update: Puzzle #3 had "Clinic" and "Blur". Yes, I know plenty of words are used as band names, but these puzzles usually don't have many or any of them. And so far they've all been bands I really like.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates