« Home | Woo hoo » | Intensification » | I'm 23 » | Worth it for the headline alone dept. » | So forgetful » | Is nothing sacred? » | I'll sleep the rest of the day » | A wrinkle in time » | Bull-fucking-shit » | Essentials » 

Thursday, August 12, 2004 

Disillusionment sets in

So when I posted about cow doping I was kind of kidding, but James has set me straight:

"Hey Ian,

Just thought you might like to now that cattle doping isn't as new as you
thought it might. My great uncle informs me that a common practise used to be
to feed cattle shredded dried beets and then let them drink as much water as
they could. They would plump up and be judged better in competition. Of
course, this could be very dangerous for the cows..."

That right there is scary. Is there no depths humanity won't sink too?



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates