« Home | "The hall became quiet, and after a moment Hrothga... » | Co-inky-dink » | Science vs. fundamentalism » | Twenty-something » | My love is squared » | Everybody knows the dice are loaded » | The full (dinosaur) monty » | Waking up to you » | Told you so » | Challenge » 

Sunday, September 19, 2004 

Nostalgia

Tonight while walking home past Van Gogh's Ear (a bar/club) I heard the dulcet strains of the aformentioned "Goodies" (single of the year?) blaring from the second floor. This brought to mind first year, when Paul (due down here next weekend) and I and the girls (six or seven of them) would head to VGE and the second floor. Yes, I miss the people, but I also miss the sound of the club hits of the day heard in their proper environment. I love "Goodies" to distraction (it alone is responsible for the Petey Pablo I have now downloaded and come to love), but I've only heard it on these computer speakers. It sounded sublime blaring out of a club.

Best (i.e. most lucid) drunk post ever. At least until these sentences. Ah well.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates