« Home | WWJV? » | Before I go » | So tired » | I'm ready » | The Albums You Should Have Listened To Before You Die » | Tonto's split the scene » | Primer » | Superb » | Raise your beggared arms » | Live it, learn it, love it » 

Saturday, October 16, 2004 

Things

1. There is nothing more ridiculous and terrifying and wonderful than a plane lifting off - all that metal and machinery and people packed in like sardines (I'm tall, people, not freakishly so, but there was very little leg room there) just throwing itself into the sky. This is why I get window seats - that and landing.

2. K.'s flat is so old! It's kind of awesome, but some of this stuff is just weird; does anyone know if most flats have a separate room for the toilet and then the shower and sink somewhere else? And with no outlets in either (I've been shaving in the kitchen)?

3. I couldn't sleep on the flight, but the only thing that kept me from lapsing into a stupor was ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead's rather marvelous Source Tags & Codes album. Also, I've bought the new Six By Seven. W00t.

4. Internet cafes are kind of cool.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates