« Home | Cool! » | It burns! It burrrrrrns! » | Here we go... » | Fuck censorship » | Ugh » | Train wreck? » | The horrible, burning shame » | Brutal » | Curse you, Scalzi! » | RAT BRAIN FLIES JET » 

Sunday, December 12, 2004 

Timesuck

Anthony Miccio just linked to a couple video sites, of which this one is the best (in my opinion, of course). If you're at all interested in music videos as art and not just band performances you owe it to yourself to check it out. Right now the page I linked to feature two of my favorite videos ever, both by Johnathan Glazer; Massive Attack's extremely cryptic "Karmacoma" and U.N.K.L.E. featuring Thom Yorke's "Rabbit In Your Headlights". The latter is either bleakly comic or extremely disturbing for most of it's length (depending on your disposition), and then becomes... something else at the end.

I've long thought that Rabbit was one of, if not the, finest videos ever made.

Agreed. Until I saw "Hurt", it was my favorite video without question. Now I think the two are probably tied.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates