« Home | All Or Nothing » | Nuts to optimal thinking » | Excerpt » | Production for use » | Dumb ass motherfuckers » | OH-UH-OH-UH-OH! » | Yay! » | "Pocky is physical proof that I am a man." » | Geek PhD » | Good loser » 

Thursday, March 03, 2005 

Huh huh, you said "butt"

John Rogers gets it right on Corner Gas. I've only seen a few episodes, but the show's qualities stand out after even one. And I think the larger point about TV and characters is well-taken - this is why it doesn't quite work when I try to describe Homicide or Firefly; the plots are neat, yeah, but what you really stick around for are the characters. I certainly wouldn't mind being told I'd spend the rest of my life in that Baltimore precint on or Serenity.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates