« Home | Follow up » | Way to undercut your own government » | I've fooled you all! » | See? » | Remember to remember » | Fitting » | Brevity etc. » | Azathoth » | It was late » | They took her away, away from me » 

Friday, April 15, 2005 

I probably won't do this every month

So I joined in at the International Mixtape Project (as far as I can tell, it doesn't have its own website), and I'm just finishing off my first mix for it, to be sent to some poor unsuspecting soul down in San Francisco. I love the idea of exposing others to my (lack of) taste. Of course, I'm finishing it now because my copy for the month showed up in the mail today.

And for the first month, this is what I've got:

01. Green Milk From Planet Orange – “Sweet 5AM (Excerpt)” (5:30)
02. Sweet Billy Pilgrim – “Atlantis” (3:32)
03. Creeper Lagoon – “Chance Of A Lifetime” (3:45)
04. Pink Grease – “Peaches” (3:25)
05. The Sycamores – “Tired Of Always Thinking Of Lies” (3:42)
06. Pipedream – “Deeper Arcades” (6:14)
07. Radiohead – “Fog” (4:02)
08. Minotaur Shock – “Motoring Britain” (6:15)
09. Black Box Recorder – “French Rock’N’Roll” (3:01)
10. The Hives – “Hail Hail Spit N’ Drool” (1:26)
11. Superchunk – “100,000 Fireflies” (3:17)
12. Hefner – “Eloping” (5:28)
13. Loop – “Shot With A Diamond” (5:16)
14. Rival Schools – “Travel By Telephone” (2:47)
15. Low – “Shots & Ladders 2” (6:47)
16. Readymade – “Hengshan Reeling” (5:23)

Total: 69:50

Ian, got this mix in the mail yesterday. I've been listening to it at work today and it's pretty great. I'd only heard 3 of the songs (Superchunk, Hives, Rival Schools) and I hadn't even heard of at least half the bands on the CD.

The songs I liked the most the first time through were The Sycamores, Creeper Lagoon and Minotaur Shock. I was wondering if I could talk you into maybe burning me more Sycamores stuff. I could offer you a trade for something on this list.

Thanks a lot for the mix, man.

I don't have an email address for you, so I hope you check this space.

I'd be more than happy to burn you some sycamores, but I probably don't have to, because if you go to this link you'll find all of their stuff available to download:

http://www.thesycamores.org/main/audio.htm

Glad you enjoyed the mix!

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates