« Home | Get off the couch » | Fed up » | He even looks a little evil » | Film at eleven » | Ingenious » | A brief history of locking up priests » | So tired » | I need a turntable » | Book survey » | Down by the river » 

Wednesday, April 20, 2005 

What the new pope means

I may disagree with Andrew Sullivan about lots of things, but start here and read up at least until the post titled "The Church Never Changes?" (an excellent rebuke to those who claim we shouldn't be surprised by Ratzinger). I feel for the guy, and he offers some excellent intellectual and emotional analysis.

Thanks for this post -- I'd kept forgetting to read Sullivan's thoughts on the matter.

I think the Pope's first edict will be to privatize US social security...

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates