« Home | Book survey » | Down by the river » | The rule of fives » | A second renaissance? » | Urrrrgh » | Well, we're fucked » | I probably won't do this every month » | Follow up » | Way to undercut your own government » | I've fooled you all! » 

Monday, April 18, 2005 

I need a turntable

Apropos of nothing I took a quick browse through my modest vinyl collection, and there are a bunch of records in there I'd completely forgotten I own. I mean, "Heroes"? I own "Heroes" on vinyl? And Isn't Anything and Every Talking Heads album through Speaking In Tongues and the "Love Will Tear Us Apart" single, and (Who's Afraid Of) The Art Of Noise and the New Order Substance and and and

To say nothing of the records I don't remember buying - if you'd told me I owned The Lexicon Of Love and Arthur by the Kinks and After The Gold Rush and some old Tangerine Dream album I'd have thought you were joking. I want to hear them, don't get me wrong.

I think when I have some spare cash I should go browse through the record bins at Music In Orbit some more.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates