« Home | My Jesus forgives your Jesus » | Not bad » | Scarily perceptive » | I'd buy that book » | Damnit, the duck is right! » | What the fuck? » | Bravo » | 1000 words dept. » | Keys » | 3 things » 

Friday, May 06, 2005 

Ahh, materialism

The weather today is perfect - neither really hot nor cold, although a bit on the warm side, with a good breeze. On my way back from the post office - where I sent two CDs and one card to British Columbia, California and Ohio for a total of $3.80 - I stopped in at Macondo books and found a whole bunch of good stuff on sale used (but good condition) for half price. I got five of those nice new Philip K. Dick trade paperbacks (Confessions Of A Crap Artist, The Three Stigmata Of Palmer Eldritch, Solar Lottery, Clans Of The Alphane Moon and Eye In The Sky) and Susanna Clarke's Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell, all for about $60.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates