« Home | Oh, this is perfect » | I am your pamphleteer » | "A thinly veiled form of privatized censorship" » | Magnificent in his anger » | Good ol' gossip » | Elusive » | This is the switch » | Sour grapes » | Music blather » | Memories of Silent Hill » 

Friday, May 20, 2005 

Friday Random 10

Aww, what the heck. Whenever I see one of these, I invariably have to join in. I'm just going to borrow Orac's explanation, too:

Basically, take iTunes (or your MP3 player of choice), set it to random or shuffle play, and then list the first 10 songs from your music library that it plays.

Rancid - "Spirit Of '87"
The Durutti Column - "In D"
Interpol - "Precipitate"
Lamb - "God Bless"
Belle & Sebastian - "The Loneliness Of The Middle Distance Runner"
Placebo - "Special Needs"
Rammstein - "Sonne"
Beck - "Lazy Flies"
Whipping Boy - "Morning Rise"
Add N To (X) - "Revenge Of The Black Regent"

I think we may be the last two people on earth still listening to that Whipping Boy album.

But we shouldn't be.

When I get my research proposal in and I can return to my regular, prolific level of output, I should do an "On Second Thought" on it.

Unless someone else has, already.

I don't believe they have, and you should definitely do it.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates