« Home | Tiger Bear Wolf » | To: Walmart » | "My personal savior is Batman" » | The shift from "Sith" to "Shit" isn't clever, I kn... » | The next President? » | Jedi are creepy » | Don't hide who you are » | Comedy! » | "Zone of death" » | Reason #59068 » 

Friday, May 13, 2005 

Postscript

While digging out my old Constantines records, I happened upon a fondly remembered blast from the same period of my life: The Sympathy Girls' self-titled, metal-adorned CD-R EP. The band, if it ever was one, was one of the guys who runs Die! Venom records (not sure which) singing and playing guitar and a few other people people doing a few other things. The EP is six songs in ten minutes and is nearly subliminal, but it's good stuff, particularly "Speakext" (the closest thing to a "song" you get). I saw them once more after seeing them in the basement of the Constantines' house and this time they had a guy with a keyboard and a drummer (... I think) and they were even better, but as far as I know nothing else ever came out. I'm really fucking glad the CD-R didn't get lost in a move or anything.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates