« Home | Score » | "Mogue" » | Good ol' Pat Robertson » | Play Minesweeper » | Feel good hits of the 22nd August » | Conflicting views » | RIP » | Wow » | Have License to Ill ready » | GODDAMNIT » 

Wednesday, August 24, 2005 

Comparison

Ben was asking me what I thought of the new BRMC album, and although my review isn't up yet I will say I'm a lot closer to this take than this one.

Hmm, not sure it'll be for me then. The All Music review makes it sound quite interesting, but I must confess to liking the Jesus & Mary Chain thing - I'd probably take one listen to Howl and lament the fact that it's not the first album (which, even then, I don't think is amazing - just good).

For the sort of band that they are - or, rather, were - they never seemed to cut it live for me. Dunno why - a bit disappointing really.

Well, your mileage may vary as always, but that's the reaction I expected to have to this album and I wound up liking it a lot.

That Onion review kinda misses it in the intro, doesn't it, lumping BRMC into "neo-garage" and misreading the control? Mind, I'm not much of a fan, but I am disappointed in that review's tack.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates