« Home | Absurd » | Good news » | It isn't even past » | You wore a shirt of violent green » | "I'm like God to these animals!" » | Huh? » | All shook up » | Rick "Santorum" Santorum » | Signs of life » | Charts... of DEATH! » 

Wednesday, August 03, 2005 

Edelweiss

I loved Oneida's Secret Wars, but I'm having real trouble with this year's The Wedding. The record feels very much of a piece, and there are a few songs I really, really love ("The Eiger", "Lavender", "Did I Die" and "August Morning Haze", plus a few I don't yet know by name) - so why does so much of the rest of it sound bland and dull?



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates