« Home | Set it to awesome » | Holy shit » | In lieu » | Careful confrontations » | I'm not missing much » | You can get away with a lot when you have talking ... » | Apparantly people like "Trying To Get To Heaven" » | Video roundup » | Cheeky bastard » | Plus, it's about Wallace and Gromit » 

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 

John Peel day

I'm with many of my colleagues; this sort of thing should absolutely be made annual. But note, depressingly, how at the end when discussing acts Peel popularized they stick just to rock ones - "from Joy Division to the White Stripes". Given the range of acts performing, let alone that Peel played, that's pretty myopic.

Also, a concert with the Fall, New Order and SFA? I'd kill to be there.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates