« Home | Reason #987 why I love the CBC » | I am the best seventeen-year-old ever » | Delicate balance » | WWDBD? » | Work radio dept. » | Ego war » | Sudden revelation, part two » | Expect delay » | Sudden revelation » | Breaking legs and picking pockets » 

Thursday, December 29, 2005 

Equipment failure

So last night I get home and walk into my room - and the light turns off. Not the bulb dying, but the light turns off. And my computer won't turn on, nor will my clock radio.

This happened in the front room and part of the kitchen before - the building is so old that the wiring just failed, and an electrician came in and wired up some new stuff. He's due in to fix my room sometime today or tomorrow. In the interim I've got my lamp and my computer (including the modem Ben needs for his connection) hooked up to an extension cord that runs into the kitchen. It seemed simpler than temporarily moving everything into the living room.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates