« Home | "Can of corn" is right out, though » | It's a deal, it's a steal » | Just don't call us "emo" » | All wrong » | Now I'm only falling apart » | That weird coldness that comes from boredom » | Strike anywhere » | What a well made world » | “No, I’m Peter O’Toole” » | Sky still blue dept. » 

Monday, January 09, 2006 

When you wake (you're still in a dream)

While tooling around various blogs before hitting the sack, I come upon this interesting little tidbit on Kevin Shields and hypnagogia. I kind of knew that was the environment Isn't Anything came out of, but it's still surprising, but that's one of the most bristlingly awake records I know of. Something about the fact (not mentioned by Mike but read by me somewhere) that Bilinda Butcher did some of her vocals right after being roused and that Shields was going on 2 hours of sleep a night makes perfect sense to me.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates