« Home | "I got killin' hands!" » | Thomas Jefferson would stab you in the neck with a... » | Make this go on forever » | Tape noises » | Class isn't dead/"Common People" » | Forcefully lonely » | "We don't have to make uncool into a crime" » | Full slate » | I wish I was still sleeping » | I can hardly speak; I understand » 

Saturday, May 13, 2006 

"And Apollo Creed is... everything else in the world"

It's a bit old now, and I'd seen most of it, but here's the full Colbert Bush roast. And since what I hadn't seen are those death-defying first ten minutes (where, even knowing everything had gone without a hitch, I kept expecting Colbert to be wrestled to the floor by the Secret Service), it was well worth watching again. The subsequent material, as good as it is, has added piquancy once you've seen Colbert essentially stare down the quote-unquote Most Powerful Man in the World and win.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates