« Home | Harder than gestures » | I gave two tries » | "demon duck of doom" » | I can't remember » | Town full of family » | You looked at me for half a second » | That distance in the tune » | Ten bands » | We may never know, but... » | From the vaults » 

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 

Technical difficulties

....and my blog template appears to have gone arse over tit.

This is what happens when you don't hand code everything yourself, I suppose - I'm at work, so I can't fix it now, and I'm going to the bar straight from work. So please excuse the mess until (much) later tonight, or possibly tomorrow. Everything still seems to be functional, at least.

From what I can tell, you are linking directly to style-sheets from typepad.com, and that site is currently down. Once it is back, your style-sheets should work again.

To prevent this from happening again in the future, you should make a local copy of whatever style-sheet you want to use. At the moment, you are at the mercy of the other site to go offline, change the style-sheet, or discontinue it at any time.

I have no idea how to do that, but it sounds like a good idea. Tips?

There should be the option for stylesheets in the Template section of the Blogger interface. You could copy/paste the stuff from the typepad .css into the textbox one for your Blogger

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates