« Home | Not cleverness » | "the residue of a teleological system that's dead" » | Goregrind » | 655,000 Iraqi deaths » | I'm living in the ice age » | Buggery » | Life don't just always fold up neat » | Here everything is by design » | Traditional wombat-embracing ceremony » | Very happy, like a happy little bunny rabbit » 

Thursday, October 12, 2006 

The winter was nice, but the summer was hell

Riding the bus to work today, I was surprised at the number of people wearing winter coats, toques, gloves, and so on. I'd thrown on a sweatshirt instead of a t-shirt, but it wasn't any colder than that (I remember specifically not bringing my winter coat as it'd be too warm and bulky). Now it's snowing. Which is awesome! Bring it on, winter!

(Winter is my second favourite season, after autumn, which we didn't really get properly this year, or at least I didn't get to appreciate it properly)

it's storming like crazy outside today because we're getting a cold front! We're going to have a high of like... 77F out tomorrow! Yay for cold!

(converts)

77 is still 25. That's still warm, if not outright hot. We're at 2C, feels like -5C (23F) with wind. Yay for cold indeed!

Boo for cold. I'm at work in a dress shirt - yep that's it - no coat, no sweater, no hat. It was nice enough this morning when I caught the bus.

It's fucking snowing already? Good Lord. I hope Ithaca's in no hurry to catch up!

I miss Vegas already - 75 degrees, 3% humidity, brilliant blue sky.

yeahhhhh... shit happens :o)

I agree wholeheartedly with your season ordering. Although we don't get winters quite like that generally.

No, and I know a lot of North Americans would call me perverse, but I love English weather. All those overcast skies, never too cold or snowy, but usually not that hot either... divine. It suits my temperament quite nicely.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates