« Home | 20 Albums of 2007: #15 » | Fill your hands » | The way that we talk, the way that we walk, so eas... » | 20 Albums of 2007: #16 » | Gotta get out of the way » | Your new favourite pundit » | "Teodor, what does it mean that Roast Beef has dep... » | Backlog » | I like the word "uvula" » | Against God's will » 

Thursday, February 08, 2007 

Damn near broke my heart

So today in the Philosophy of Art course I TA, we were talking about emotions, and the prof asked (half seriously) whether any of the students had emotions. Knowing this was going to lead to further questions asking them to justify their contention, most kept their hands down, but one girl just in front of me volunteered.

"What kind of emotion did you have," he asked her, and without being able to record her tone of voice you'll just have to trust me that her answer was an unexpectedly touching moment in the middle of another boring class:

"Well, I fell in love once."

that's awesome.

A little, yeah.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates