« Home | Nice things about my job » | Hilarity ensues » | A modern hero » | A bad week for directors » | Mom says I'm helping » | Had a speech prepared and everything » | Bing bang boom » | It's you, and it's me » | Bracing » | Steeling myself » 

Monday, August 06, 2007 

It begins

Part one of my three part article on Hillside this year is up at Stylus today; it's the weekly article, which I'm very proud of. Parts two and three go up in the next two days.

Nicely done. You did a good job of sharing everything without getting bogged down in minutia (though the very long preamble to actual coverage was perilously close).

Quick note: I know Marcello did a great job encapsulating the brilliance of Elvis Perkins, but I did point you toward him in my best of '06 (I jest, of course).

As a writer (and person, I guess) I'm kind of obsessed with minutia so I'm glad I stayed on the right line of it for you.

I remember that! I didn't have the spare cash to pick up the disc, but I'm definitely intrigued by what I saw of his live show.

Nice article. I only dip into Stylus these days. Always nice to read you.
Scott

...McKeating? If so, I owe you an email, man.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates