« Home | Don't worry about the government » | In this hemisphere » | We leave alone » | Hmm » | Free and legal » | Bitesized » | And then he really laid into me » | 2007: Strategy - Future Rock » | What the hell, Frank? » | KILL PEOPLE » 

Saturday, April 05, 2008 

BULLSHIT

My buddy Orbax is on tour across Canada right now, tons of shows, a lot of them sold out, all arranged months in advance - and the day of the show, some uptight dickward at the Grand Prairie Liquor Board calls the venue, says they can't do it, and threatens them with the loss of their license and a $10,000 fine. Details here. If you look at the comments, Orbax has posted contact info for the Control Board (hint hint, any readers that happen to live in the province), and notes that they're threatening several other venues as well.

I can't fucking believe this. What a load of crap. Alberta once again offers proof that it's the suckhole of the nation.

It's the Texas of the North.

Also I'm not sure if the post on Modblog has this or not (and I'm at work and that sites a no-no here) but there's also an online feedback forum here:

http://www.aglc.gov.ab.ca/contactus/feedback.asp

Anyone can use it so feel free to voice your displeasure from where ever you happen to be.

Believe me, I did.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates