« Home | Killshot » | Sometimes he bears a striking resemblance to T. Rex » | Never you mind, death professor » | Slipped my mind » | There are no words » | "I'm not bitter, I'm justifiably angry" » | Losing streak » | Last night I flickered off to sleep at 4 am » | "One more time, come up with jazz hands" » | Too late to think » 

Monday, November 30, 2009 

A mixed blessing

I love love love the Onion's AV Club website, so getting linked there (scroll down to "Death and Destruction") is a nice surprise, even if it's 'just' their Chicago branch. Two things made me kind of wince, though:

1. Dude, if you're going to mention Evan Chakroff's name with regards to the original review, why make it sound as if the Stylus Hivemind wrote the On Second Thought and not, oh, I don't know, me? ("Stylus would go on to revise his claims"? Seriously?)
2. "Baby P-fork"? Not only is that woefully wrong and misleading, but around these parts it'd get you a punch in the mouth stern talking to.

hey that's kind of cool

i always wonder if anyone notices, nice when they do

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates