« Home | They're all wastes of skin. And I don't care if I... » | Another accurate Fame Audit. » | Virgin births for everyone! » | I managed to find Complete Works, Vol. 1 for a goo... » | Sounds like Brahm's life was more interesting than... » | I'm not a big fan of Hitchens, but this is a decen... » | This sort of review is why I love Filthy. » | This pretty much speaks for itself. At the risk o... » | "On a similar note, I can't get worked up over the... » | And speaking of the MP3 discman Pete talks about, ... » 

Tuesday, April 29, 2003 

Today I had toast for breakfast. That may not seem like much, in fact I doubt it is much, but our toaster oven gave up the ghost months ago and its replacement only arrived recently. I am not a man of simple pleasures - I own too many things for that - but an engagement with more complex ones does not negate our ability to be made happy by toast, or a warm breeze, or encountering a friend.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates