« Home | See, Pitchfork isn't all bad. » | Best song of right now: 'Apologies To Insect Life... » | Having finally heard the highlights from their fir... » | Oh, and I, uh, kind of got hired by Stylus. More ... » | So I forgot to post a WES yesterday, even though I... » | If you go to an old entry at Pete's journal you ca... » | Just bought Blue Skied An' Clear on first site, an... » | So I'm not missing much, then. » | I love Tom Ewing. » | Sex in Japan is weird. » 

Friday, August 29, 2003 

So, like a lot of people, I love the Beyonce 'Crazy In Love' single, mostly for the horns (those horns!). I downloaded the single and the instrumental version, and found something interesting; a version, obviously a bad one, where Beyonce's voice doesn't sound like it does on the radio, more like it's being run through some odd, subtle pitchshifter.

It's great. God bless these accidental crappy versions. I've got a copy of Idlewild's 'You Held The World In Your Arms' broadcast over the radio, and it sounds like it's trying to tear the MP3 apart and escape. This sort of thing needs to happen more often.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates