« Home | The Worst Jobs In Science. Thank goodness I'm a h... » | It's come to my attention that my favorite current... » | Well, I'm not American, but might as well get the ... » | Yes! New review up at And You Call Yourself A Sci... » | Almost forgot: The most remarkable thing in Stylu... » | It's funny 'cuz it's true. » | Articles like this depress me, as I'm pretty sure ... » | New journal entry up. Rejoice! » | Well, what do you know; one of my favorite bands, ... » | NME has partially redeemed the recent sorry state ... » 

Tuesday, September 16, 2003 

This whole name analysis thing has gotten some play from some of my friends, but let's put this to rest:

"Your first name of Ian creates a serious, thoughtful nature, shrewd, efficient, and business-minded. You are one to make your own decisions, and not be influenced by others. You desire independence and freedom from the authority and interference of others. You are not overly ambitious, preferring instead just to seek stable, settled conditions which are adequate to meet your responsibilities. In your personal relations with others, you are inclined to be rather serious, and not to see the humour others see, or to respond spontaneously. Your positive manner and outlook can make others feel that you are imposing your will on them and even interfering in their affairs."

I am not particularly serious or thoughtful most of the time, nor am I efficient or business minded. Everyone desires independance and freedom, or at least thinks they do. I've got ambition up the wazoo. Not see the humour others see? More like the other way around. Although, yes, I can come across as domineering. There, now we've all done it (I think).



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates