« Home | Links galore » | I really don't know how I feel about this » | Choked up » | Response » | Party hearty » | Year end » | Update » | Absoidity » | Uh Oh » | I didn't vote strategically » 

Saturday, January 03, 2004 

Bad science

Do I like Michael Crichton as an author? No. I enjoyed The Terminal Man and The Andromeda Strain as a kid (and both hold up fairly well today), but it's been downhill ever since. this speech, however, is quite brilliant. Whether you happen to believe in aliens, nuclear winter, second hand smoke, etc, etc or not, his points are still well taken. It's not that these things are necessarily false, it's that there's no science in them right now. It's fairly crucial reading, and coming from someone I'd long written off as a hack, I'm pleasently surprised at the source.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates