« Home | Thought of the night » | Sounds good, looks good, feels good too » | A word on Dick » | Big Fish 2: Bigger Fish » | It's Don Cherry, fer chrissakes » | Fuck censorship » | On seeing Big Fish » | Insane » | SFA OK » | No Mr. Bond, I expect you to die » 

Saturday, February 07, 2004 

There goes the fear

In case it isn't apparant (and I'm quite sure it's not), I'm spending tonight listening to music and reading quasi-random blogs. So frustrating, in some ways. Occasionally I get terribly frustrated at people in general (more specifically, bright young men and women roughly my age) and just want to grab all of them by their collective, metaphorical lapels and shake hard. Not because they're stupid. Because of all that wasted potential. To quote Television:

I spoke to the man down at the tracks,
And I asked him how he don't go mad,
He said: "Look here, junior, don't you be so happy,
And for Heaven's sake, don't you be so sad."


Or, to take from Leonard Cohen instead:

I saw a beggar leaning on his wooden crutch,
he said to me, "You must not ask for so much."
And a pretty woman leaning in her darkened door,
she cried to me, "Hey, why not ask for more?"



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates