« Home | Swingin' » | Wednesday's Emotional Setup: "Heroes" » | Maybe I'm cynical but.... » | News flash » | Following up » | Son of wacky spam » | Get me off the streets » | Legal Eagle » | And it's up » | Bases loaded » 

Thursday, June 17, 2004 

I love being Canadian

Interesting article about the increase in use of British slang in the US media. The reason it's interesting is that most if not all of the words and phrases mentioned are regularly used up here, and we don't think they're weird at all ("univeristy", "go missing", "called" instead of "named", etc).



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates