« Home | I'm a journalist, dammit » | Good taste » | Enough guest stars, already » | Party animal » | You know what they do to guys like us in prison » | There is no pleasure worth foregoing, etc, etc. » | Summer of '04 » | I'm eating it right now » | "Trial of the year" » | HT VWLS » 

Saturday, August 21, 2004 

Adventures in cooking

So when my mom was down for my birthday, she brought some food; specifically some spaghetti in meat sauce (with mushrooms!) and some beef stew. The stew is eaten (and was delicious), but there was a lot of spaghetti.

Now, it's delicious, but I'm trying to eat it all without freezing any, and that means I've had it every night for the last little while. So what I do is fire up one of the burners, toss a frying pan on, and then while heating up the spaghetti that way (which makes it extra delicious, with added crispy bits) I toss some of K.'s spices on. Always tons of garlic, of course, but I vary the rest. Last night I tried a little curry powder with the garlic, and while I don't like spaghetti with just curry sauce (my brain gets confused), a hint of it in normal spaghetti is freakin' delicious. I kind of wish the tupperware the spaghetti is in would refill itself, actually. Never-ending spaghetti would be nice.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates