« Home | Rated arrrrrr » | Best thing ever right this moment dept. » | Meh dept. » | Hahahahahaha » | Nostalgia » | "The hall became quiet, and after a moment Hrothga... » | Co-inky-dink » | Science vs. fundamentalism » | Twenty-something » | My love is squared » 

Sunday, September 19, 2004 

Makes you feel like a piece of meat

Simon from silverdollarcircle (who did an excellent Grime primer for Stylus, here) and I have exchanged a few emails recently, and discovering that he has Fractionals blogrolled over there was a nice surprise. Even if it did weird me out a bit (I'm not used to discovering people I don't know read me).

Anyway, he mostly writes about Grime and other urban British sorts of music, but don't let that put you off if you're a clueless North American like I am. He does it very well, in a very non-exclusionary way (sadly a relative rarity). And this recent post, on televised plastic surgery, is just excellent no matter what you listen to.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates