« Home | Things » | WWJV? » | Before I go » | So tired » | I'm ready » | The Albums You Should Have Listened To Before You Die » | Tonto's split the scene » | Primer » | Superb » | Raise your beggared arms » 

Sunday, October 17, 2004 

Posted in Glasgow, from James' room

1. The Delgados, from Glasgow but whom I'm seeing in Toronto on the 23rd, have a new album. Universal Audio is a wonderful, powerful thing. As I was listening to it on the train to Newcastle (to Carlisle, to Glasgow), specifically "Sink Or Swim", I saw the first blue sky in the U.K. since the plane landed. Coincidence? I think not.

2. The company name on all the toilets over here is "Armitage Shanks". Oh, so that explains it. Babs Uvula who?



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates